Claims Management Consulting & Training
Proclaim’s expertise can help you improve your business. Wherever there are claims there is a process that needs to be in place to ensure the best results are obtained. It may vary from portfolio to portfolio, but we can apply our expertise to assist you to design the right process for you.
Here are some examples of the types of consulting projects we have undertaken:
- Designing a claim management concept of operation for a large event
- Designing a claim review process for a high frequency low value claim scenario
- Incident and claim management training for staff who deal with customer issues
- Audit of files for reserving adequacy
- Audit of claim process and recommendations on improvements
- Health check of performance of corporate claim unit
- Review of runoff portfolios for reserves and strategy recommendations
- Contract reviews of insurance indemnity clauses for claims issues
- Designing a claim review process that meets corporate objectives and satisfies insurer requirements
- Coverholder or underwriting agent claim review – process, reserves, reporting.
- Broker claim unit efficiency reviews
- One-off large claim consulting.
TRAINING and EDUCATION
As part of our claim management services we provide regular training to clients on handling claims at their end – be it incident management, hazard identification or insurance policy training. We also regularly present seminars on topical claims issues to clients, brokers and industry groups.
Proclaim has developed an innovative and value adding training program designed to help you improve your risk management. The program is tailored to your needs and focuses on the areas which are of most importance to your organisation. The training is delivered in a workshop format and can include:
- Industry trend analysis and benchmarking
- Identifying risks and preventing incidents
- Staff training on how to best respond to an incident
- How to respond when a lawyer / investigator seeks information
- Special considerations if the injured is a child and the legal ramifications
- The differences and interaction between public liability; OH&S prosecutions; and workers compensation and recovery claims
- A summary of the law and updated cases and how they impact your business
- Contractual liability and indemnity issues with contractors i.e. cleaners, security, trolley collectors, builders etc.
- Worst and best case claim scenarios
- Financial liability risk trends and emerging issues
- Significantly decrease your claim costs
- Save costs spent on lawyers and investigators
- Protect and strengthen your brand
- Train your staff on how to better handle customer incidents
- Learn best practice risk management and reduce claims
- Benchmark yourself against the industry average
Proclaim have been our claims management company since 2006 and recently gave us a presentation on dealing with 3rd party incidents which occur at the Airport. It was presented by Kate Farrell and Marianne Lim – both experienced and legally qualified account managers. Whilst we were expecting a well executed training program due to the prior preparation – the creative, interactive approach was very engaging and constructive. We work in a complex environment and the advice Proclaim provided in relation to slips & trips and damage to 3rd party property was informative and practical.
The training presentation not only exceeded our expectations, but has assisted in improving our risk management in order to best prevent incidents in occurring, but also how to effectively manage claims in order to reduce our liability exposure and costs.
Corporate Governance Coordinator
Marianne is a valued presenter of the Professional Development Courses and has been presenting with the Property Council of Australia’s Professional Development Courses for over 6 years. Marianne began presenting on the Operations and Facilities Management Course in 2003 and today is very much involved with presenting the session of ‘Compliance & Risk Management’ within the Shopping Centre Management & Marketing Course a couple of times each year.
National Professional Development Coordinator
Property Council of Australia