In our motor claims services our objective is to partner with our clients to provide a service that responds to their requirements. As premiums increase, more fleets and insurers are looking at the efficiency of their claims services. If the majority of your claims are small, you need a tailored solution to the management of your claims, as the standard service will not yield cost savings.
Our experience with our motor clients is that their main problems arise in the areas of:
- Service - support for their drivers through a reliable process
- Reporting and the ease of obtaining information on performance and costs
- Recovery and improving rates of recovery.
- Costs and measuring costs - can they be sure they are utilising the most efficient process?
- Third party providers - are you getting value?
Proclaim can provide unique solutions across these areas:
- Implementing a simple set of procedures and a service agreement that sticks.
- Having the information you want at your fingertips.
- Identifying cause of recovery issues and implementing a training program to rectify it.
- Identifying claims that can be fast tracked and moving them to a slicker and more cost effective program.
In addition, we can suggest some refinements to existing
process, such as:
- Direct contact with Third Party to further improve recoveries.
- Imposing KPIs with objective to improve recovery of costs.
- Examination of existing process to ensure full value from assessment function.
- Agree triage where claims divert from Proclaim to Claim Manager at Insurer, if appropriate.
Motor Vehicle Claims: A Case study
On July 1 2006 Proclaim was appointed as the new motor vehicle claims manager to a large
commercial fleet of vehicles. The brief was to work with the client to create a new and better claim process which provided high levels of service and efficiency but also cut the cost of risk by 25%.
This could be achieved through better resources, better risk management and a better claim
Proclaim had several meetings and discussions with the client and their risk and fleet management departments so we could understand the current process and what the client wanted, and then develop a tailored program that met their objectives.
As a result a number of measures have been taken to better manage claims and improve risk, including:
- Creating a new incident claim notification program, with revised incident forms and user guides for all drivers.
- Setting up a multiple motor vehicle repairer network which would create a competitive environment in the market place where previously there was one sole repairer.
- Setting up an independent assessor panel to inspect vehicles that have chassis damage.
- Meeting with the client's employees across all sites providing a power-point presentation on the new processes and procedures.
- Starting a process of proactively managing incidents that may give rise to a claim and acting on them within specified timeframe.
- Utilizing online quoting and digital images for desktop assessments, minimizing the use of onroad assessors.
- Setting in place new better procedures for the process of recoveries of damages from third parties and their insurers.
- Setting up new processes for negotiation of settlement of those third party claims with contributory negligence.
- Identifying recurring hazards in areas of frequent incidents; reporting to the client advising of methods of managing or eliminating those risks.
- Creating new tailored reports for financial and risk management.
- Working with the client and their leasing company to reduce the expenditure on repairs when end of lease repairs are to be undertaken.
- Updated information cards for all vehicles, listing all relevant contact numbers and procedures to follow when an incident occurs.
Proclaim was appointed as Melbourne Water's insurance service provider for motor vehicle claims management on 28 April 2006. Following a competitive tendering process, Proclaim was selected based on a range of factors including its claims management methodology, experience and technical expertise of the key personnel, customer service and commercial factors. Prior to Proclaim's appointment; Melbourne Water had a long-standing relationship with another service provider for some twenty years.
In the [relatively short] time that Proclaim has acted as Melbourne Water's motor vehicle claims manager, Proclaim has provided an excellent service to date. Proclaim has provided an enhanced claims management function, which closely aligns with our desired objectives of reducing claims frequency and cost.
In summary, Proclaim has delivered on its tender promises and we have been very pleased with the quality, professionalism and timeliness of the service provided. We have confidence in Proclaim's service and are happy to recommend them to others.