Proclaim’s property claims services combine the highest levels of expertise for claims throughout Australia and New Zealand, with our proactive and sharp claims service, to get you better results. We provide the process and procedures – with clear instructions and claim forms (including on-line forms if required). We add the technical expertise to ensure claims are managed effectively.
Our objectives are to
- Reduce total claim spend and average claim cost.
- Reduce cost of service providers as a percentage of total spend.
- Exercise control over the quality and cost of the claims process.
- Protect your brand image from damage
- Reduce time demands on your staff
- Reduce unwanted stress from complaints made regarding undue delays in claim process.
- Provide reporting that meets your obligations and requirements – including APRA reporting and GST and financial reporting
- Provide insight into incident trends.
- Increase awareness of claims performance relative to own KPI’s and other organizations.
- Help you grow your business through a strong claim service.
- Implementing a better process for a client We were appointed claims managers for a property client in July 2006. In conjunction with their insurer:
- We developed procedures for when a claim arises, implemented a team of repairers and builders for smaller property damage claims where an adjuster was not necessary; provided a help desk service when advice was required provided on-line reporting and regular advice to support the brokers client advocacy role
- As an example of the cost savings created through a tailored process, out of almost 40 closed property claim files there were more than 10 claims where a maintenance contractor was retained without the assistance of a Loss Adjuster saving the Insurer substantial loss adjustment costs whilst providing a quicker repair solution for the customer.
We worked with a client who faced over 10,000 claims for property damage arising from a defective product. We understood that the 10,000 claims would fall into 4 categories. The most would be in category 1, for which the solution was low cost, so it was determined these claims would be the subject of a direct system entry once only. The other categories - up to a few large claims in category 4 - were assigned processes and protocols. We worked in conjunction with the client to manage the claims quickly and cost effectively . All claims were runoff in a 3 month window.
South East Water - Martin Poole, Senior Risk & Insurance Officer, Risk & Business Services:
“SE Water appointed Proclaim to manage our property damage liability and motor vehicle claims in July 2006. This decision wasn't taken lightly after over 10 years of working with another Claims Management team. We were becoming increasingly frustrated with the lack of proactive service we had; they had become a post box service provider, simply referring all matters to either lawyers or to loss adjusters and therefore increasing the cost of and time involved in managing claims. Proclaim have definitely added value, they have been able to reduce our reliance on layewrs and adjusters by proactively liaising with the customer that has suffered the loss and arranging rectification or clean ups as required. Proclaim also push to have claims finalised by chasing providers for invoices and promptly sending releases to customers in order to minimise the volume of open claims. If required I would be happy to discuss this matter further”.
Read more about Property Claims (PDF)