Proclaim Management Solutions Pty Ltd (referred to as ‘Proclaim’,’we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’) understands that protecting your privacy and maintaining the confidentiality of the information you provide us is important.
If you want to deal with us while not identifying yourself (i.e. anonymously or by using a pseudonym) we will allow you to do this where it is practicable (for example where you make a general enquiry of us).
Personal information consists of any information, records or opinions, true or untrue, identifying an individual.
Sensitive information, being a form of personal information, includes information about an individual’s health, racial or ethnic origin, political, religious or philosophical opinions or beliefs, membership or affiliation with a political association, trade association or trade union, sexual preferences or practices, or criminal record and can include:
- name, date of birth, gender;
- contact details such as address, phone, fax and email;
- medical and/ or employment records
- Details of property
- Insurance details
- financial institution account details like your bank account number ( if we are making a payment to your bank account)
Why proclaim collects the personal and sensitive information
Proclaim may collect the personal and sensitive information to enable us to effectively manage a claim or customer complaint. Personal and sensitive information enables Proclaim to contact claimants or their agents on behalf of our clients to investigate each claim effectively and efficiently resolve the matter in the best interests of all parties.
How we collect
We may collect personal information about you and other individuals in various ways including:
- over the phone,
- over the internet, including via our website or online forms or emails;
- in writing, including via hard copy forms.
From whom we collect
We may collect such information directly from you or through others, including from:
- Our clients – including insurance companies, their underwriting agents as well as companies for whom we manage claims and customer complaints
- Customers of our clients including insurance brokers and other entities who submit claims to us on behalf of policyholders or other parties
- Our service providers – for example, lawyers, adjusters, medical experts, assessors and other parties who we work with to resolve claims
- Parties representing claimants including plaintiff lawyers.
- External parties such as government agencies or statutory authorities
We may also collect personal information from publicly available sources such as the phone book or public websites.
How proclaim uses this information
Periodically, Proclaim will disclose personal and sensitive information to other organisations when we believe it is necessary to assist us, and them, in providing effective service. Recipients of such personal and sensitive information will typically be insurers, health workers, investigators, lawyers, and loss adjusters. If you would not like your personal or sensitive information passed onto any of the above listed
recipients, please contact us on 03 9660 5200. We note that in the event that you decide not to provide Proclaim with the required information, it may make it impossible for us to provide you with appropriate service.
Typically, Proclaim uses personal and sensitive information to effectively and efficiently manage claims and assess risk. In doing so, we may use personal or sensitive information to:
- investigate and assess claims
- contact claimants and clients about any matters relating to a claim
- effectively answer inquiries and /or process any approved payments
- report or obtain information from regulatory authorities (i.e. the Health Insurance Commission, Centrelink or the Department of Health and Aged Care)
- undertake internal operational practices (i.e. administration, accounting and updating information technology systems)
- practice effective risk management and prevent fraud
T: 1300 552 446
F: 1300 858 329
Locked Bag 32012, Collins Street East VIC 8003 ABN: 74 087 666 484
Occasionally we may be required or authorised to collect personal information because of an Australian law or an order of a Court/Tribunal. If we are collecting personal information for this purpose we will tell you.
What we expect of you
If you provide Proclaim with personal information about other individuals, we rely on you to have made them aware that you will or may provide this information to us, for the purposes detailed above. If you provide us with sensitive information, we rely on you to have obtained consent to do so. If you have not done these things, you must tell us before you provide the personal or sensitive information.
If Proclaim provides you with personal information, you and your representatives must only use it for the purposes we have agreed to.
Where relevant, you must meet the requirements of the APPs when you collect, use, and handle personal information on our behalf.
You must also ensure that your agents, employees, and contractors meet all of these requirements.
Security of your personal information
Proclaim will store your personal and sensitive information either electronically and/or in hard copy. Proclaim ensures that personal and sensitive information is kept secure and is protected from misuse or unauthorised disclosure. For the personal information we hold electronically we take reasonable security measures including firewalls, secure logon processes, encryption and intrusion monitoring technologies. For the information we hold in hard copy/on paper we have in place reasonable confidentiality procedures and we also take reasonable physical security measures.
We also require our Service Providers to hold personal information securely.
Locked Bag 32012, Collins St East, VIC 8003
Telephone: 61 3 9660 5200
Facsimile: 1300 858 329